CDSS Child Care Transition Stakeholder Meeting
January 28, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
- This event has passed.
Child care and development programs currently administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) will be transferred to the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) effective July 1, 2021, while the California State Preschool Program and other educational programs for preschoolers will remain at the CDE.
The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) will be hosting the next Quarterly Child Care Transition Stakeholder Meeting on January 28, 2021 from 9:00am-10:30am. You are invited to share your feedback on the transition process between CDE to CDSS.
According to the Child Care Transition Website, the following child care and development programs will be transferred to the California Department of Social Services (CDSS):
- Stages 2 and 3 of the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) Child Care Programs
- General Child Care and Development Programs (CCTR)
- Alternative payment programs (CAPP)
- Migrant alternative payment programs (CMAP)
- Migrant Child Care and Development Programs (CMIG)
- Child Care and Development services for children with severe disabilities
- Child Care and Development facilities capital outlay
- The Early Learning and Care Workforce Development Grants Program
- The California Head Start State Collaboration Office funded by collaboration grants
- The Early Head Start-Child Care Partnerships Grant from the United States Department of Health and Human Services
- Child Care Resource and Referral
- Local Child Care and Development Planning Councils
- The California Child Care Initiative Project
- Other Child Care Quality Improvement Projects
- The Child and Adult Care Food Program
- The Child Development Management Information System and other related data systems as they pertain to the programs, services, and systems
To learn more about the transition, read the Child Care Transition Quarterly Report.
CDSS invites you to continue sharing your feedback on the transition process by completing this survey (available in English & Spanish)
To view upcoming meetings, or for any other questions or information related to the transition, please visit the Child Care Transition Website.
You can also email questions and inquiries to CCTransition@dss.ca.gov