ECESF is engaging with these current issues that impact ECE frontline educators:
- Promoting awareness of the $28/hour minimum living wage for all ECE educators in the San Francisco ELS-funded system (funded through Prop C). While we are not done—this is an important next step toward pay parity with SFUSD K3 educators that San Francisco’s mayor and supervisors committed to in 2015.
- Engaging with public conversations on the Office of Early Care and Education (OECE) spending plan.
- Ensuring the ECE community is involved with policies developed that impact our work and services. Congratulations to each of you who helped pause the Children First Initiative, proposed without any community input last December. It is currently stalled as a ballot measure, however community conversations on coordination of funds and programming for 0-Transitional Age Youth (TAY) will continue. Stay tuned.
- Advocating at the state level for ECE and preschool for all, including watching the impact of transitional kindergarten on community-based programs
- Engaging in conversations impacting educators qualification and competency requirements and rates that cover the true cost of care and educations.