HR and Employment Law Basics for Small Business Owners
April 13, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- This event has passed.
Facilitated by expert attorneys, this dynamic workshop will cover many relevant HR and employment law topics for ECE programs in the face of COVID-19, including:
- Differences between independent contractors and employees
- Paid Sick Leave regulations
- Emergency measures taken to provide relief to workers
- Exempt and Nonexempt employees under the wage and hour laws
- Developing/updating personnel policies/manuals
- Avoiding discrimination claims when hiring and firing; workplace safety, and the importance of personnel record-keeping
Brought to you by the Low Income Investment Fund.
Presentation by: Josh Singh and Josh Elefant, Cooley LLP
Support from: Start Small Think Big, Inc.
DATE: Monday, April 13, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM – 11:00AM
Location: Webinar via Zoom